- 1 Top 5 Inground Pool Cleaner on the Market
- 1.1 1. XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Vacuum-generic Climb Wall Pool Cleaner
- 1.2 2. BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
- 1.3 3. Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner with Dual Scrubbing Brushes
- 1.4 4. Hayward Poolvergnuegen The Pool Cleaner Automatic Suction Pool Vacuum
- 1.5 5. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner with Top Load Filter Cartridges
- 2 Types of Automatic Inground Pool Cleaners
Looking at the expansive inground pool before you with all that sparkling water leads you to jump in and swim the length. Refreshing and convenient, a backyard inground pool is an amazing plus during hot weather seasons.
But that expansive length of water needs regular cleaning and manual methods can consume a lot of your relaxation time. Automatic pool cleaners for inground pools make cleaning a breeze and cut the maintenance time to a fraction!
Read on as we discuss the best options for an inground pool cleaner and review our top picks for the best inground pool cleaner!
Top 5 Inground Pool Cleaner on the Market
1. XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Vacuum-generic Climb Wall Pool Cleaner
Automatic pool cleaners are making pool cleanup easy and this Smart Design Adjustable Cleaner from StremepowerUS will take care of the bottom of your pool and it can climb the pool walls, cleaning and scrubbing away algae and dirt.
Small participants and sand are picked up by the powerful suction and this cleaner can be adjusted easily to begin a new cleaning sequence that ensures complete coverage of all areas.
Algae and actual 'dust' can buildup even on the side walls, so having an inground pool vacuum cleaner with the ability to automatically sweep the pool for you, gives you more time to enjoy swimming and entertaining!
- Unit comes with 10 hoses to cover up to a 30 foot long pool
- There are no tools needed to setup your vacuum!
- Works on pool pressure from filtration system
- Not only cleans pool floor, but the walls as well
- Does not clean as well in shallow ends of the pool.
2. BARACUDA G3 W03000 Advanced Suction Side Automatic Pool Cleaner
With plenty of options and enhancements, the Baracuda G3 is a superior pool cleaning product!
The G3 has only one moving part so there's less chance of mechanical failure.
The compact and quiet design has a self-adjusting flow control valve that checks the water flow and adjusts the flow for the best performance.
With plenty of suction, the G3 picks up dirt and debris, along with leaves and small twigs, but it can also pick up pebbles!
This high-performance and compact cleaner is easy to setup and will thoroughly clean your inground pool!
- Picks up small and medium pieces of dirt, debris, and bugs
- Cleans the pool bottom and the walls and steps!
- The FlowKeeper valve enables superior cleaning even with lower horsepower pumps
- Unit can navigate tight corners with the Wheel Deflector
- Owners had trouble with this cleaner covering the entire pool area and getting stuck in one place.
3. Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner with Dual Scrubbing Brushes
No random cleaning here! The Dolphin Nautilus Robotic Pool Cleaner is smart enough to scan the pool bottom surface and change its patterns to clean the entire area.
This hefty unit will clean and scrub your pool bottom in 3 hours, filtering the water at the same time. A swivel cable makes for tangle free cleaning to prevent only one area getting cleaned.
This is a completely automatic cleaner with no installation needed. It runs on its own and doesn't require being connected to the pool filtration system.
The Dolphin Nautilus is self-programming so you don't have to watch it for missed areas. We love the simple yet efficient operation of this pool sweeper and cleaner.
- Works for pools up to 35 feet long or wide
- Equipped with dual scrub brushes to clean the smallest particulates
- Built in smart navigation scans and cleans your pool thoroughly
- Plug and Play design includes patented Dolphin swivel technology to prevent tangling
- Users complained it can get stuck in corners and not be able to get out on its own.
4. Hayward Poolvergnuegen The Pool Cleaner Automatic Suction Pool Vacuum
Hayward is a long-time trusted name in pool products and this automatic suction pool vacuum is designed and manufactured under Hayward's high quality process and with superior materials.
The PoolCleaner is available as a 2-wheel drive or a 4-wheel drive so you can base your purchase on the size of your pool. Hayward included patented options such as an adjustable skirt and beefy tire treads that combine with programmed steering to allow this cleaner to clean the pool bottom and the walls.
When the PoolCleaner encounters larger debris like twigs or leaves, a self-adjusting turbine vane keeps it free from obstructions.
Be sure your inground pool is clean without all the manual work with this automated inground pool vacuum.
- Design includes a 4 Wheel Suction Side Cleaner to clean larger pools or older pools without a dedicated suction line
- Hayward includes 4-wheel-drive with patented tire threads to overcome obstacles
- The 2 Wheel Suction Side Cleaner will work fine for a small to medium pool
- Unit has preprogrammed steering sequences for complete coverage
- Several customers complained about the plastic cracking prematurely.
5. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner with Top Load Filter Cartridges
The Nautilus CC Plus is equipped with CleverClean Technology to keep a pool up to 50 feet clean!
This vacuum has plenty of features and powerful cleaning capabilities that work with the CleverClean Technology, a computer system that constantly scans your pool floor to create an efficient and through path of navigation.
The swivel cable system allows the unit to turn 360 degrees as the robot moves so the cable will not get kinked and tangled.
Dolphin designed this unit to operate independent from your pool filtration system, using a fraction of the energy resources. Be sure your inground pool is completely clean with this feature enhanced vacuum!
- The filter is loaded on the top so it's easy to remove for cleaning
- Includes a patented swivel cable to eliminate tangling
- Will clean and vacuum any pool surface in 2.5 hours!
- 2 scrubbing brushed ensure cleanup of fine particulates and algae
- Customers complained about the warranty service.
Types of Automatic Inground Pool Cleaners
There are 3 main types of automatic pool sweepers and vacuums; the Suction-Side Pool Cleaners, Pressure-Side Pool Cleaners, and Robotic Cleaners. Let's look at the differences.
Suction-Side Pool Cleaners
A suction-side cleaner works off your skimmer water intake. The filter basket is removed from the skimmer and the cleaner hooks up to the line with hose. When it scans and vacuums the pool floor and for some models like our top pick, the XtremepowerUS Automatic Suction Vacuum-generic Climb Wall Pool Cleaner, it sucks up the algae, dirt and debris, sending it through the pool filtration system.
The power of the water suction allows the vacuum to move around the pool bottom and even walls on some models. Some companies make their cleaner with wheels to roll along the pool bottom or use rubber discs that lay flat against the pool surface.
Pressure-Side Pool Cleaners
A pressure-side pool cleaner hooks up opposite from the suction-side cleaners. These vacuums are used with the return jets in your pool to propel the unit around the pool bottom. Instead of the debris being sent through the pool filter system, these cleaners require a filter bag to collect the dirt and objects it sucks up. When you install these cleaners and turn on your pool filter, the water pressure pushes water through a long hose that pushes the dirt under it into the collection bag. Fine particles are pushed through the bag and cleaned through the filter.
Robotic Pool Cleaners
If you want to purchase the easiest of pool cleaners, a robotic unit is the best choice. You simply place these little cleaning machines in the pool, sitting them on the bottom, and they go about their business scrubbing and cleaning up dirt, sand, silt, and even small pebbles or acorns! Robotic cleaners that are made to scale the wall of your pool can even clean the water line where a ring of dirt can form.
These units have a filter bag or cartridge to collect the dirt. Plus this type of cleaner into an electrical outlet and let it do its job—they don't have to be hooked up to your filter system at all. Electricity and water? They're built to work safely in water and only use a low voltage amount. Extra long power cords must be plugged into a ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlet that detects electrical inconsistency and shuts off automatically. Check out the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner with Top Load Filter Cartridges. It's loaded with features!
An inground pool may look intimidating by its size and depth, but keeping it clean doesn't have to cost a lot of money or take up too much time. You can find a great pool vacuum cleaning system and save money on paying a pool service to maintain your pool. We reviewed the best inground pool cleaners here so you can make sure you buy the one that fits your needs. Enjoy the freedom to swim in a sparkling clean pool ready for fun, when you purchase an inground pool automatic pool cleaner.